Engineering Career Fairs
The Cockrell School holds engineering career fairs each academic year. These events offer excellent opportunities for students to meet with potential employers.
Fall Expo, a student-run career fair hosted by the Student Engineering Council (SEC), takes place in September and is considered the first official event of the fall recruiting season.
Spring Engineering Expo, hosted by the Engineering Career Assistance Center, takes place in late January/early February. Like Fall Expo in September, Spring Expo is an opportunity for students and employers to speak informally about available positions.
Wednesday & Thursday, September 9-10, 2015
Frank Erwin Center
Thursday, February 4, 2016 (Employer registration system will open in mid-November)
Frank Erwin Center
Bioscience and Biotechnology Career Fair
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Texas Union Building
Spring Engineering Expo
Welcome to the 18th annual Spring Engineering Expo at The University of Texas at Austin!
Thursday, February 4, 2016
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Frank Erwin Center
Registration for employers will open on Wednesday, November 11 at 10:00 a.m. CST
If you wish to schedule Info Sessions or Campus Interviews in conjunction with your Spring Expo participation, please contact the ECAC recruiting team (email@example.com, 512.471.7455 or 512.471.7476) to discuss your recruiting options.
The cost of the fair is $400 per booth for up to 5 recruiters. Please purchase a second booth if there will be more than 5 attendees. Both continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Questions can be directed to Monica Choi (512.471.7456).
8:00-10:00 a.m.: Employers check in and set up booths; continental breakfast for recruiters
10:00 a.m.: Doors open and career fair begins
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.: Continuous career fair activity
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Lunch for recruiters (Fair will continue during lunch)
1:30-3:30 p.m.: Light afternoon refreshments for recruiters
4:00 p.m.: Career fair ends
- The Frank Erwin Center will not accept materials shipped directly to them.
- We have contracted with Lone Star Decorating to provide a booth shipping option for employers. All registered employers will receive shipping information to get booth equipment and materials to the event location.
- The Frank Erwin Center has a policy against any food or candy. Please do not bring any food items as giveaways for students.
- Payment for the fair is due by Friday, January 15, 2016. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- If you have not done so, please make hotel reservations as soon as possible.
- Recruiters should check in on the south side of the Frank Erwin Center. Employer check-in tables will be in the south tunnel, on the north side of Lot 108, where limited parking is available for the day of the fair.
Directions and Parking
The Frank Erwin Center address is:
1701 Red River
Austin, TX 78701
Limited parking is available in Lot 108 on the south side of the Frank Erwin Center. Enter Lot 108 from the southbound frontage road of Interstate 35 (a guard will be stationed at the entrance). From the parking lot, you will have easy access to enter through the south side of the Erwin Center to the Employer Check-in area.
Limited parking is available in Lot 118 on the north side of the Frank Erwin Center. Enter Lot 118 from the southbound frontage road of Interstate 35 (a guard will be stationed at the entrance). From the parking lot, you will head south along the frontage road to the service driveway to enter through the south side of the Erwin Center to the Employer Check-in area.
Parking Lots 108 and 118 will fill up early. If recruiters arrive later in the day and the lots are full, parking is available at the Trinity Garage (TRG), located on the corner of Martin Luther King Blvd. and Trinity for a fee. Please note: We will not validate your garage parking card.
Please go to the southside of the Frank Erwin Center to the Employer Check-in area. DO NOT go to other doors, as they will be locked and you will NOT be able to enter the building.