How to Apply & FAQs
Application process and questions about the tutoring program.
To apply for the tutoring program:
- Come by the EOE office in BWY 102 between 8 a.m. and noon, or 1 to 5 p.m. and submit a request for tutoring. To apply for tutoring online, follow the link below:
- Based on tutor availability, the Tutor Coordinator will attempt to make assignments within 3 business days of receiving your request. (starting after the 12th class day of each semester)
Frequently Asked Questions about the EOE Tutoring Program
- After I apply, what next?
Tutor assignments are attempted to be made within 3 business days after submission of the online application. You will receive an email notification with the telephone number and email for your assigned tutor. Contact your tutor immediately.
- When will I receive information regarding the tutoring session?
Tutoring sessions start the third week of classes, if a tutor is available for the requested course. If a tutor is not available for the requested course, students are notified and are referred to the Cockrell School and other campus resources.
- What is the time and location for the tutoring session?
The tutor and student’s availability determine the time for the session. Tutoring sessions are conducted in the Lobby at BWY, the library or other agreed study environment.
- What is the process for changing or adding course to my request for tutoring?
Students can email email@example.com for changes, questions, and explanations regarding their tutor assignments.
- Can I apply to work for the EOE Tutoring Program?
Applications to work for the EOE Tutoring Program are accepted in April for the following academic year. However, EOE is always accepting applications and resumes for potential tutors throughout the semester to meet student needs.