How to Apply & FAQs
Application process and questions about the tutoring program.
To apply for the tutoring program:
- Come by the EOE office in ECJ 2.102 between 8 a.m. and noon, or 1 to 5 p.m. and submit a request for tutoring.
- Based on tutor availability, the Tutor Coordinator will make assignments within 72 hours of receiving your request.
Frequently Asked Questions about the EOE Tutoring Program
- After I apply, what next?
Tutor assignments are made 72 hours after submission of the online application. You will receive an email notification with the telephone number and email for your assigned tutor. Contact your tutor immediately.
- When will I receive information regarding the tutoring session?
Tutoring sessions start the third week of classes, if a tutor is available for the requested course. If a tutor is not available for the requested course, students are notified and are referred to the Cockrell School and other campus resources.
- What is the time and location for the tutoring session?
The tutor and student’s availability determine the time for the session. Tutoring sessions are conducted in the Pi Sigma Pi Study Center in ECJ 1.216, the library or other agreed study environment.
- What is the process for changing or adding course to my request for tutoring?
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for changes, questions, and explanations regarding their tutor assignments.
- Can I apply to work for the EOE Tutoring Program?
Applications to work for the EOE Tutoring Program are accepted in April for the following academic year.