Summer Research Academy (SRA)
The application for UT SRA 2017 will open in March/April. More detailed information will be provided during the Spring semester.
EOE is looking for undergraduate engineering students to participate in the Summer Research Academy (SRA) program. The program generally begins at the end of May and goes until the first week of August. Students are paid a stipend of $3,000 for their work during the 10-week period for summer.
If selected, students are required to work a total of 300 hours throughout the summer and must have their own housing in Austin.
All applicants must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have completed at least 45 credit hours in residence at The University of Texas at Austin with AT LEAST 30 hours completed at UT on or before May 20th
If selected you must:
- Have housing in Austin
- Work a total of 30 hours per week in a 10-week summer program
- Participate in the program from Monday, May 30th until its conclusion Friday, August 5th
- Work with an EOE Faculty Partner
- Attend an orientation on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Attend all meetings or workshops set by the program
- Complete an abstract, poster, final summary and PowerPoint Presentation at the end of summer
Steps to apply:
- Fill out an online application. [Applications for summer 2017 are not yet open]
- Complete and submit the SRA Reference Form to BWY 104. (Form can be picked up at BWY 104. EOE Staff are not allowed to write your letter of reference.)
- Submit the essays and resume to the EOE Program Coordinator electronically at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Equal Opportunity in Engineering Program