How to Apply to TREX
The 2016-2017 TREX program is underway. Applications for the 2017-18 TREX program will open Monday, May 1st, and close on Friday, May 12th.
TREX students must:
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled in the Cockrell School during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018.
- Complete at least 45 credit hours by Sept. 1st with AT LEAST 30 hours completed at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Receive an A or B in all technical labs taken.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Enroll in a mandatory one hour weekly course for both semesters, Wednesdays from 4 to 5 p.m.
We would like for you to take a look at the TREX faculty partnerships list to view names, research areas and a sampling of possible research projects from professors interested in partnering with TREX/SRA students.
You can also review your engineering department's web site to become familiar with various engineering faculty members and their research areas. Placement with the professor of your choice is not guaranteed.
STEPS TO APPLY:
- Fill out an online application.
- Pick up the TREX Application Packet from BWY 104.
- Submit your completed packet ( 1 letter of reference, 2 essay prompts, and your resume) to the EOE Program Coordinator electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies are also acceptable. (EOE Staff are not allowed to write your letter of reference.)
For more information, please contact:
Equal Opportunity in Engineering Program
Information for Current TREX Participants
TREX is an exciting opportunity to explore careers in innovative research as well as be involved in development and refinement of science and technology.
Frequently asked questions about the TREX program
TREX Roundtable Discussions
To enhance the experience of TREX participants, EOE has a series of round-tables with outside presenters to address higher level topics of interest to the students.