Committees & Organizations
Engineering Faculty Women's Organization (EFWO)
The Engineering Faculty Women's Organization (EFWO) was established following the April 2002 Career Success Workshop for UT Austin faculty women in engineering and science.
- Attract and retain more women faculty to the Colleges of Engineering;
Increase the number of women in leadership positions at the University of Texas;
- Improve recruitment and retention of female graduate students; and
- Provide mentoring for women graduate students and faculty at all levels.
Key accomplishments of the EFWO include:
- White Paper based on Career Success Workshop (Fall 2002)
- Purple Sage presentation on Recruiting, Retaining and Mentoring Women Faculty (Fall 2002)
- Child Care Survey and Report (Spring 2003)
- Suggestions and Resources for Identifying and Recruiting Female Faculty Candidates (Fall 2003)
- Negotiating the Ideal Faculty Position Workshop (Fall 2004)
These efforts have been supported by the Cockrell School of Engineering and individual faculty. For more information, contact Dr. Lynn Katz, Professor (CAEE).
Deadlines and Events
|SACS 2013-14 results and action due in TracDat |
|CLASS MANAGER open to Departments and Deans for Summer 2015 (original phase)|