Why the Cockrell School?
Last fall, graduate students from 40 states and 35 countries became Longhorn engineers — and for good reason. Year after year, the Cockrell School is recognized as a top-ranked graduate engineering school.
- 10th overall with more than half of our programs ranked in the top 10, U.S. News and World Report Best Graduate Schools of Engineering
- 10th, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences
Comprising pioneers, specialists and visionaries, our faculty will inspire you.
- Inventors of the lithium ion battery and the Ethernet
- Winners of the Japan Prize and the National Medal of Science
- Nation's 4th highest membership in the National Academy of Engineering
- Awarded more than 30 Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Awards from the National Science Foundation in the past five years
- Experts in energy, health, nanomanufacturing, wireless networking and other sought-after fields
We know funding matters. The Cockrell School offers well-qualified students financial packages that include fellowships, paid teaching or research positions, health insurance and tuition coverage.
- More than $3.6 million in fellowship support awarded this year
- $25 million to support graduate research assistantships
- $5 million to support teaching assistantships
Austin, Texas, the state's vibrant capital city, offers more than just SXSW and BBQ.
- One of the top five fastest-growing cities in the country (Forbes)
- Serves as a major tech industry hub, fostering innovation and creativity
- Boasts history, culture, community, live music, outdoor recreation
- Enjoys a sunny, temperate climate year-round