Apply to Graduate
Students must apply for graduation the first semester they are eligible to graduate. A student is considered eligible to graduate if they can complete all course requirements by registering for 12 semester hours or fewer. Students eligible to graduate in Spring 2016 must apply to graduate by April 4, 2016. The application opens Monday, January 25, 2016.
Please read the information below carefully, and follow the steps to ensure your application is ready for review.
- Review the Online Graduation Orientation.
- Run an Interactive Degree Audit online to view if all requirements have been met.
- Graduation application approval is based on the Interactive Degree Audit reflecting 100% completion of requirements:
- All transfer work must be completed and applied to UT records by April 4, 2016.
- Substitutions/overrides must be complete on the degree audit (contact your departmental academic advisor if you think your Interactive Degree Audit doesn't reflect major-specific coursework appropriately).
- All core curriculum and curriculum flag petitions must be submitted and approved through the School of Undergraduate Studies (UGS) by April 4, 2016.
- All Residency Requirements must be met in order to graduate.
- Students are responsible for turning in any equipment and other property belonging to the Cockrell School of Engineering and for paying all fees. Failure to comply may result in the withholding of a student's diploma and official transcript.
- Ready to apply? Submit your application
- If you receive an error message when you apply for graduation, please contact your departmental academic advisor.
Students not currently enrolled for Spring 2016 must apply for graduation In Absentia.
If, at graduation, a student has attempted no more than three semester hours beyond the minimum number of hours required for their degree, they may be eligible for a $1,000 tution rebate.
For more information, please contact a Graduation and Certification Advisor in the ESS building (2407 Speedway) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Your Diploma
It may take six-eight weeks for a student to receive his or her diploma, which will be mailed to the student's permanent address. To ensure you receive yours, make sure to update your address with the Registrar's address change form.