Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
The world's increasing demand for energy, water and the need to minimize and control climate change, requires civil, architectural and environmental engineers to be at the forefront, using state-of-the-art technologies to ensure adequate food, water and mobility for generations to come. In civil, architectural and environmental engineering, students and faculty meet these challenges working side-by-side in the field and research facilities — developing more resiliant and sustainable infrastructure, transforming energy solutions and advancing water systems.
Research and Education Programs
Dr. Bhasin works in Transportation Engineering with specific interests in Material science aspects and mechanistic modeling of distresses in pavement materials (e.g. fatigue cracking, moisture damage); Self healing properties of bituminous materials; Structure-property relationships in composite materials; Surface properties and interfacial adhesion of materials; Development of test methods to characterize properties and performance of pavement materials.
Offshore Technology Research Center (OTRC)
The Offshore Technology Research Center conducts analyses in the areas of floating structures, risers and moorings, materials, seafloor engineering, subsea systems and risk/reliability assessment/management. It is jointly operated by Texas A&M University and the University of Texas at Austin.
Undergraduate Degree Plans and Requirements
Fitting all of the required courses into four years can be challenging. Use a degree plan that's specific to your major to help map your courses and be successful.
At a Glance
- 6 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's civil undergraduate program.
- 6 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's environmental undergraduate program.
- 3 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's civil graduate program.
- 4 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's environmental graduate program.
- $57k The average starting salary for a civil engineer is $57,454.
- $56k The average starting salary for an architectural engineer is $56,629.