Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering
The world's increasing demand for energy, water and the need to minimize and control climate change, requires civil, architectural and environmental engineers to be at the forefront, using state-of-the-art technologies to ensure adequate food, water and mobility for generations to come. In civil, architectural and environmental engineering, students and faculty meet these challenges working side-by-side in the field and research facilities — developing more resiliant and sustainable infrastructure, transforming energy solutions and advancing water systems.
Research and Education Programs
Dr. Bayrak works in Structural Engineering, Mechanics, and Materials with specific interests in Behavior, analysis, and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures; Bridge engineering; Evaluation of structures in distress; Use of fiber reinforced polymers for structural repair;.
Construction Industry Institute (CII)
The Construction Industry Institute, based at The University of Texas at Austin, is a consortium of more than 100 leading owner, engineering-contractor, and supplier firms from both the public and private arenas. These organizations have joined together to enhance the business effectiveness and sustainability of the capital facility life cycle through CII research, related initiatives, and industry alliances.
Undergraduate Degree Plans and Requirements
Fitting all of the required courses into four years can be challenging. Use a degree plan that's specific to your major to help map your courses and be successful.
At a Glance
- 6 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's civil undergraduate program.
- 6 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's environmental undergraduate program.
- 3 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's civil graduate program.
- 4 U.S. News & World Report ranking of CAEE's environmental graduate program.
- $57k The average starting salary for a civil engineer is $57,454.
- $56k The average starting salary for an architectural engineer is $56,629.