Calculus Readiness Requirement
Freshman applicants seeking admission to the Cockrell School must meet the Calculus Readiness Requirement. To meet the requirement, students must submit one of the following by the official admissions application deadline:
- SAT Math score of 620 or above (600 or above if the test was taken prior to March 2016)
- ACT Math score of 26 or above
- AB or BC AP Calculus Test score of 3 or higher
- IB Mathematics HL or SL Examinations score of 4 or higher
- Transcript from a college or university with credit for a college level Calculus I course (or higher) with a grade of "C" or better
- ALEKS math score of 80 or above
For additional information, contact Engineering Student Services at 512-471-4321.
Engineering Student Services
Contact Engineering Student Services (ESS) for answers about policies, procedures, support services and programs.
Location: Engineering Student Services (ESS) Building
Street Address: 2407 Speedway
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.