Degree Options at UT Austin

Engineering students wishing to transfer to another degree program on campus must meet the university's minimum requirements for internal transfer, as well as the requirements set out by the individual departments. Students interested in pursuing a degree in another department should visit the department's internal transfer website.

Students planning to stay at The University of Texas at Austin and change their major may visit Wayfinder to help them explore majors on campus and internal transfer requirements. Career counselors are available to work with students through the Vick Center for Strategic Advising & Career Counseling in JES A115.

Each department lists their requirements for internal transfer on their website. Links for the various departments are as follows:

School of Architecture
McCombs School of Business
Moody College of Communication
College of Education
College of Fine Arts
Jackson School of Geosciences
College of Liberal Arts
College of Natural Sciences
School of Nursing
School of Social Work
School of Undergraduate Studies

Engineering Student Services

Contact Engineering Student Services (ESS) for answers about policies, procedures, support services and programs.

Location: Engineering Education and Research Center (EER), 2.848 
Street Address: 2501 Speedway
Phone: 512-471-4321
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m