Electrical and Computer Engineering
Together, electrical and computer engineers have been responsible for significant engineering achievements, including the automobile, radio and television, computers, spacecraft and the Internet. In electrical and computer engineering, students transform into professional engineers who develop solutions for building and maintaining secure data infrastructure, design intelligent utility networks, smart grids and mobile wireless networks, and advance nanotechnology and biochips.
Research and Education Programs
Dr. Dodabalapur works in Solid-State Electronics with specific interests in Plastic transistor technology; Organic transistors; Sensors; Solar cells; Organic-based laser physics and optics.
Computer Engineering Research Center (CERC)
The Computer Engineering Research Center carries out research in the areas of VLSI testing and design for testability, formal verification, design and evaluation of fault-tolerant systems, software engineering and distributed systems.
Undergraduate Degree Plans and Requirements
Fitting all of the required courses into four years can be challenging. Use a degree plan that's specific to your major to help map your courses and be successful.
At a Glance
- 10 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's undergraduate EE program.
- 8 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's undergraduate CE program.
- 12 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's graduate EE program.
- 9 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's graduate CE program.
- $66k The average starting salary for an electrical engineer is $66,625.