Electrical & Computer Engineering
Together, electrical and computer engineers have been responsible for significant engineering achievements, including the automobile, radio and television, computers, spacecraft and the Internet. In electrical and computer engineering, students transform into professional engineers who develop solutions for building and maintaining secure data infrastructure, design intelligent utility networks, smart grids and mobile wireless networks, and advance nanotechnology and biochips.
Research and Education Programs
Dr. John works in Computer Architecture & Embedded Processors; Computer Engineering; Integrated Circuits & Systems with specific interests in Design of high-performance, low-power microprocessors; Multicore processors; Memory Systems; Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking; Workload characterization; Adaptive computing;.
Wireless Networking and Communications Group (WNCG)
The Wireless Networking and Communications Group focuses on research in the areas of advanced radio technologies, system design, implementation and experimentation, wireless networking, emerging applications, and theory and analysis.
Undergraduate Degree Plans and Requirements
Fitting all of the required courses into four years can be challenging. Use a degree plan that's specific to your major to help map your courses and be successful.
At a Glance
- 10 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's undergraduate EE program.
- 8 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's undergraduate CE program.
- 12 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's graduate EE program.
- 9 U.S. News & World Report ranking of ECE's graduate CE program.
- $66k The average starting salary for an electrical engineer is $66,625.